We present a selection of the best Internet Of Things books for beginners. These books guide readers who know nothing about IoT from basic-level topics to high-level knowledge.
1. All of IOT Starting with the Latest Raspberry Pi from Beginner to Advanced: Volume 2: Mastering the Internet of Things (IoT) at a Stretch, Starting … and PHP, and Reaching to Interface and Sensor 1st Edition
by DuegGyu Kim | February 20, 2017
Introduction to the title
- This book guides readers who know nothing about IoT from basic-level topics to high-level knowledge so that they can understand the general concept and details of IoT, and implement and experience the real IOT project directly.
- It covers a wide range of topics, starting from the introduction of Raspberry Pi, going through high-level topics Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP, and reaching to the real IoT implementing Interface and Sensor.
Target of the title
- Now, I also do the Internet of Things (IoT) with Raspberry Pi.
- I do master all the knowledge and technologies which is necessary to implement IoT with Raspberry Pi from beginner to expert step by step at a stretch.
Characteristics of the title
- Explains all the subjects on the basis of the latest model Raspberry Pi 3 so that readers can understand new knowledge and technologies, and apply those to the real project without any problem.
- Presents a variety of pictures, datasheet table, and examples of topics so that even beginners can understand the contents easily well.
- Presents a variety of practical test cases and projects so that readers can learn not just simple knowledge, but practical knowledge.
- Guides advanced readers to get necessary learning materials for further studying high-level topics that are not covered in this book.
2. Easy as Raspberry Pi: A step by step beginner’s guide to building your own internet of things with the Raspberry Pi Model 3
by Matthew Chen | April 28, 2017
“Easy as Raspberry Pi” is a beginner’s guide to the Raspberry Pi, a credit card-sized PC running Linux. It starts with an introduction to the Raspberry Pi hardware and operating system, then covers the basics of Python 3 programming and electronic circuits. The author leverages his experience with teenagers in the classroom, to lead the complete novice step by step in linking the Raspberry Pi to the real world – controlling physical things with simple code – and no math. Build your own internet of things. This guide includes a Raspberry Pi project that displays different colors based on the local weather forecast from the internet.(So you can decide what to wear just by glancing across the room.) The lessons in this book apply to the Raspberry Pi Model 3B and all previous versions.
3. Internet of Things: Approach and Applicability in Manufacturing 1st Edition
by Ravi Ramakrishnan, Loveleen Gaur | June 4, 2019
The concept of the Internet of Things has silently existed since the late nineteenth century. But in the current decade expectations and excitement has peaked. However not many have understood the profound change that it can usher in.
How big this change can be and how it can transform our work!!
This book aims to bring in this realization with illustrative and practical case studies with comprehensive concepts. From beginners to practitioners in the field of academics or industry. It serves as a comprehensive yet easy to comprehend the source of information on the multiple facets of IoT.
- Simplistic but comprehensive introduction of the facets of primarily the industrial IoT
- Practical adoption cases explaining the Core technology stack and business applications
- A comprehensive view of current technologies that complete the IoT delivery ecosystem, followed by an overview of IoT enabled new business models.
- A realistic view of how industrial firms can evolve into the next stage of maturity. Along with determinants influencing this transformation since manufacturing is envisioned to be a key segment to adopt and benefit from IoT.
- Detailed analysis of IoT benefits for the universal triad- energy management, logistics optimization, and distribution channel management.
- A full-fledged case study on the Adoption of Green manufacturing using IoT.
- A real-world example of gauging End User perception using different models which is important for the successful adoption of IoT.
- A futuristic visionary view of IoT as comprehended based on the evolution of technology and platforms. And finally an analysis of the extremely crucial concepts of security, privacy, and governance.