Cloud computing is ranked as one of the top five by almost all leading analysts Seen IT trends. that are currently transitioning from the speculation phase to the status of practical operational implementation. In the meantime, it is no longer discussed whether cloud computing is even a practicable option for IT sourcing. but rather how
Cloud computing is ranked as one of the top five by almost all leading analysts Seen IT trends. that are currently transitioning from the speculation phase to the status of practical operational implementation.
In the meantime, it is no longer discussed whether cloud computing is even a practicable option for IT sourcing. but rather how it can be used efficiently, safely, and highly profitable to businesses and companies.
The cloud computing controversy is big and big. small businesses have arrived at a single definition for this. However, It was still difficult to agree on the type of use of it.
Cloud is composed of three levels of service that the user can use.
- The lower, the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) level,
- The middle, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and
- The upper, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) level
There is always a distinction between them, based on their organizational type.
- Public, providing a highly standardized range of IT services Clouds.
- Individualized private clouds operated by a company itself.
- Mixed forms, the so-called hybrid clouds.
In practice today
cloud solutions are often still used for non-business critical.
As test and development systems, as a basis for training systems, or as an infrastructure buffer for computing and storage capacities required at short notice. But other business-critical cloud applications such as CRM or collaboration solutions are also increasingly being used.
often bypassing the IT department. Companies should anticipate such tendencies at an early stage, especially for security and compliance reasons, by proactively implementing cloud computing in Include your strategic IT planning.
Because cloud computing is a strategic option with opportunities and risks that gives companies a great deal of potential when used smartly and that must be channeled into implementation through accompanying policies and measures. The overall cost-effectiveness of using the cloud is always the case, i.e. the different conditions and needs
Economic factors that result from the nature of cloud computing itself and, on the other hand, the specific cost and benefit factors that are included in the specific situation of the company and its strategic perspectives are justified.
The focus of this article is on business considerations. It shows the advantages but also the cloud stumbles.
Computing lies and what principle solutions there are to the opportunities to realize and avoid risks as much as possible. The text is aimed primarily at decision-makers from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and interested parties.
Readers who want to get an overview. That should decide between the cloud, as well as the selection for a cloud service, and a service provider.
The added value of this approach is crucial to highlight the opportunity for use in the cloud, particularly for small and medium-sized companies.
- Companies shorten by concentrating on their own core business; your vertical range of manufacture. In this way, you can increase quality, growth, and competitive opportunities. You can gain larger market shares, which in turn reduce unit costs and strengthen your overall market position.
- Standardized, updated, and consolidated cloud IT facilitates and accelerates the market launch of new products, thereby creating competitive advantages or enabling completely new business models.
- Since the payment for cloud services is often usage-dependent, reduce Investments in IT infrastructure increase significantly or is completely eliminated. This order Conversion of fixed investment costs into variable costs does not make that possible more capital tied up, for example in development and introduction: new products, new optimized manufacturing processes, or the expansion of the Invest in sales.
- Companies increase their flexibility by offering cloud services as required for flexible use. Costs and benefits thus correspond to the actual needs and thus business development.
- With cloud computing, companies can reduce utilization, personnel capacity, Shift know-how, technology, and liability risks to the service provider, likewise capital commitment, and investment risks.
- Cloud Computing offers a reliable availability of IT services and a level of IT security that medium-sized IT users would without the professional support of IT service providers with reasonable effort cannot achieve.
Properties of IT Services
Companies today have special demands on future-proof IT. This must open up market opportunities for the company, but at the same time, it must be secure and be reliable. IT or IT services must therefore have the following properties:
Functional; Scalable; Flexible; Transparent; Secure; Quickly available; Reliable; Cost-effective; Highly available; Efficient
Cloud computing, as a real sourcing alternative to the in-house operation or classic outsourcing, promises to meet such requirements. The introduction and daily use of cloud solutions must go through Strategies and targeted measures are supported accompanied. When structures for strategic and operational control of cloud computing are in place at an early stage proactive piloting and accompanied by a communicated cloud strategy will show the benefits of cloud computing practical experience. Significantly reinforced. Substantial additional advantages can also be derived from overarching architecture management and adapted IT governance, as well as a strategic and operational functional Requirements management, are drawn.
Cloud computing offers the opportunity to reduce the need for investment in IT and thus to use the assets tied up in the existing IT systems for other operational purposes. On the one hand, this changes the company’s balance sheet structure and, on the other hand, it reduces up-front costs for the commissioning of IT systems. Besides, the consumption-dependent billing of the IT services used allows fine control of the requirements and the avoidance of empty capacities. On the other hand, there are one-off costs.
Compliance, Data protection, IT security, and Certification
Around two-thirds of small and medium-sized companies need competent IT support provided by cloud service providers
can be. summarizes the points that should be observed is necessary for IT operations under current laws and requirements. As long as there are no widely recognized international certificates for the cloud service provider, the following is important as an orientation for the cloud user:
Standards and certifications for cloud service providers should already be adhered to existing and generally accepted approaches in the industry such as ISO 27001 and ISO 27002, which are supplemented by essential cloud specifics. The various seals of approval that are offered have only limited informative value.
Interoperability, Integration, and Standardization
The standardization of the cloud about interoperability and integration is currently the subject of political initiatives at the national level. The industry and associations are also trying to establish uniform standards on the market. Except for web service standards and the universal markup language XML, more standards have yet become widely accepted. That is why it must be clarified for each business process in which cloud services can be integrated.